Thursday, November 14, 2013

Life in the Fast Lane!

My dad, John Dewey Braaksma Sr.; brother, John Dewey Braaksma Jr.; big sis, Jeannette; and me
Hubby, Darrell, remembers the wall paper on his nursery room: it was chickens and they gave him nightmares. He remembers his Teddy Bear and lots more. I remember nothing of my toddler years.
My earliest memory is grade school, which leaves me wishing I knew more about this family photo with Dad, baby brother John Jr. - always called "Butch" -  big sis, Jean, and me.
I don't think we ever left Wisconsin when I was a child, so I'm sure the photo was taken in the Dairy State. As far as when, there are no leaves anywhere and we were wearing sweaters and jackets, so I am thinking this photo was taken spring or fall 1947.
I love that Dad is sporting a tie and Jean's wearing riding britches. I'm looking like I have some attitude, and Butch has that toddler grin from his new-found skill of walking.
Since I look about three years old, I am thinking Mom was possibly behind the camera and no doubt soon to give birth to my brother David, who was born in December of 1947.
I wish I could hop in a Delorean and zoom back in time because it would be fun to hang out with my family again!


No comments:

Post a Comment